Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 1996 23:26:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      wb2oyc@cyberenet.net
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>, Andrzej Popielewicz <ap1@poczta.com>, "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: cdrom

On 28-Oct-96 Doug White wrote:
>>On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, Andrzej Popielewicz wrote:
>
>It does; FreeBSD is rather picky about where it expects it.  The 'hot
>spot' is the slave drive on the primary controller.  Try putting the CDROm
>there.

Doug,
   I've seen this recommendation many times on the list, and just wanted to
let you know that I have my IDE CDROM on the secondary port, and it is the
only device on that controller!  Works fine.  I'm using a DTC 2278E and the
CD is a Mitsumi.  Am I just lucky enough to have a combination that works?

Paul

E-Mail: wb2oyc@cyberenet.net
Date: 10/28/96
Time: 23:26:09