Date:      Sat, 5 Nov 2005 15:44:06 +0000
From:      Joao Barros <joao.barros@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Odd boot problem

Hi,

I needed to add an IDE disk to an already running SCSI booting machine
for testing.
Recently upgraded to 6.0 :) with the IDE disk connected to the
machine, although not mounted.
After a make kernel the machine boots fine but only if I have the IDE
disk connected.
Booting from the scsi disk I can clearly see it's trying to find the
load from the ide disk.
I tried 'atacontrol detach ata0' and reinstalling the kernel and tried
a bsdlabel -B da0 but I still get the error, boot message follows:

F1 FreeBSD

Default: F1

Invalid partition
Invalid partition
No /boot/loader

FreeBSD/i386 boot
Default: 0:ad(0,a)/boot/kernel/kernel
boot:

I tried 0:da(0,a)/boot/kernel/kernel but still no go.
How can I fix this?

--
Joao Barros