Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 1999 12:44:55 -0600
From:      mideyon <leoric@fastlane.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   printer setup

I am trying to add support for my printer in my kernel. The handbook
says to
add this line to the kernel config file:

device lpt0 at isa? port? tty irq N vector lptintr

Where N is the IRQ number for your computer's parallel port.

I already have this line in my kernel:
device          lpt0    at ppbus?       # Printer

what do i need to change in my kernel config file to get my printer
working?

here is my printer in my dmesg output:

Probing for PnP
devices on ppbus0:
ppbus0: <HEWLETT-PACKARD DESKJET 710C> SCP,VLINK
lpt0: <generic printer> on ppbus 0
lpt0: Interrupt-driven port