Date:      Sun, 01 Dec 2002 21:06:47 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Craig Reyenga <creyenga@connectmail.carleton.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any ideas at all about network problem?

Craig Reyenga wrote:
> It worked fine in 4.7 and all previous versions, just DP2 dunno about DP1.

Well, you will have to back up to a version of the source code
before DP2 that didn't have the problem, perform a binary search
to find the exact delta that caused the problem, and examine the
code differences in order to find the problem change, and why it
causes the problem.

Personally, I'd start with DP1, but that's because I have a
CDROM locally, and the CVS tree is not always buildable, since
there is no software enforcement of buildability before a change
is committed.

There are almost 2 years worth of changes in the things which
were not brough back to the -STABLE branches from -CURRENT, so
diffing 4.7 and DP2 isn't likely to get you anywhere, I think.

-- Terry