Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 2001 23:45:36 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Russell Francis <frussell@p1.cs.ohiou.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xcpustate and SMP

Russell Francis <frussell@p1.cs.ohiou.edu> types:
> I am also running a dual system and even with SMP compiled into the
> kernel, the issue with monitoring software (xcpustate, xosview) only
> showing one CPU still exists.  SMP is supported though because when
> one processor is maxed out it will show 50% when both processors are
> maxed it will show 100%.  SMP works but the software to admire it isn't
> quite there.

I don't think it's planned - or maybe it was shelved pending
SMPng. The kernel doesn't keep the statistics that xcpustate
et. al. want. About a year ago, I groveled through the mail lists and
found kernel patches to provide those stats, as well as xcpustate
patches to adopt it for FreeBSD. You can probably find the same
messages, but it's not clear whether the patches will work on -stable
now.

	<mike