Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 2003 11:57:30 -0700
From:      "Paul Querna" <chip@force-elite.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SMBFS - Usernames with @

I am trying to mount a share with a Username with a @ in it.

The man pages all say that you use the following form:
//user@host/share

My School only has documentation for Windows on setting up the Network Shares.  In all
the windows docs they always use the form username@carroll.edu -- ie pquerna@carroll.edu

My Attempts:
mount_smbfs -I saints //PQuerna@carroll.edu@server/username$ /mnt/carroll/xdrive
Gives:
mount_smbfs: server name 'carroll.edu@server' too long

I tried it without the @carroll.edu, in the hope it might work...
mount_smbfs -I saints //PQuerna@server/username$ /mnt/carroll/xdrive
Password:
mount_smbfs: unable to open connection: syserr = Authentication error

It Prompts for my password, and then fails, because its the wrong user.

I also tried adding quotes around the username, escaping(\) the @, but nothing seemed to
work.

I looked around google for abit, but it doesn't seem to even use symbols when i search for
somthing, so i couldn't find jack about this via my normal euphoric rescue on google.

Any ideas before i get the source code out and hardcode some stuff?

-chip