Date:      Sat, 20 Aug 2005 18:50:37 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        dandee@volny.cz
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATHCTRL for ATH

--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 03:32:15AM +0200, Daniel Dvorak wrote:
> Hi all,
>=20
> I have one question for you. My friend use Linux Debian and he use atheros
> cards with madwifi drivers. Sam work together with others developers and I
> found out that he committed interesting tool for linux users.
>=20
> This tool is athctrl, which you know "athctrl program that sets the ack+c=
ts
> timeouts based on the distance between two stations". And I think that th=
is
> feature is useful not only for linux users but of course for users of oth=
ers
> os like FreeBSD etc.=20
>=20
> So, I do not know why the tool is not in main tree fbsd, maybe there is
> reason for this and I do not know. Which it is my mistake, so if it is tr=
ue,
> I am sorry. Of course, I could not imagine how much work somebody has to =
do
> for this, but I would like to only ask if possible now before final relea=
se
> 6.0 or in the future.
>=20
> Does somebody think somebody could commit this tool for FreeBSD users ?

It's unlikely athctrl will be commited because we're attempting to phase
those sorts of programs out in favor of a modular ifconfig.  It's not
clear to me if we the support or not at this point.  That would be a
question for Sam, but he's on vacation at the moment.

-- Brooks

--=20

--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q

--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q--