Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2000 15:19:56 +0200
From:      Sven Reimers <reimers@tu-harburg.de>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: the latest - tomcat etc.

Hi Christoph,

AFAIK there is so far no neat integration as with JServ
(but plannend).

For now just get the binary distribution, extract to a directory of
your choice and use tomcat.sh in <instdir>/bin/ with option
start/run/stop ...

If you  want integration there should be a apache.conf file
(tomcat.conf?)
that you have to include instead of the JServ.conf include statement in
your apache conf.

Remind: There is a new architecture involved
webapplications/war(webarchives) with
	Serlvet 2.2 and JSP 1.1. (No zones)
	Everything for tomcat is configured in the *.xml files

Note:   Following the J2EE Blue Prints (Guidelines for development)
direct use of servlets
	(implementing HTTPServlet etc.) should be dropped in favour of JSP.

Hope this helps

Sven