Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 2002 15:35:43 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Keyspan USB serial adaptors

I'm trying to use a keyspan USA-19QW usb to serial adaptor with a
laptop that has no serial ports. I had some memory that at least one
of the keyspan adaptors was supported and indeed several are listed in
usbdevs. This one isn't, so I've added it locally;

*** usbdevs.orig	Fri Sep 27 15:29:19 2002
--- usbdevs	Fri Sep 27 15:01:22 2002
***************
*** 710,715 ****
--- 710,716 ----
  product KEYSPAN USA18X		0x0105	USA-18X serial adapter
  product KEYSPAN USA19W		0x0106	USA-19W serial adapter
  product KEYSPAN USA49W		0x0109	USA-49W serial adapter
+ product KEYSPAN USA19QW		0x0118	USA-19QW serial adapter

  /* Kingston products */
  product KINGSTON KNU101TX	0x000a	KNU101TX USB Ethernet

Not having messed with ucom and related things before I'm looking for
pointers to what to do further for support (I'm guessing it's a
similar chipset to some of the other keyspan devices that may already
be supported) ... these usbdevs device listings don't actually seem
to be used anywhere.

P.

--
pir                pir-sig@pir.net                 pir-sig@net.tufts.edu