Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:48:38 -0500
From:      Travis Troyer <troyertm@email.uc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems resolving hosts

I am running FreeBSD 5.1 and I am suddenly having problems loading certain web
pages.  The system is behind another FreeBSD machine acting as a router and
DHCP server, so it pulls it's IP and such from the router machine.  I did not
change any settings on either system, and suddenly some web sites have a 1-3
minute delay in loading certain sites when using Mozilla, Netscape, or
Konqueror.  I have tried booting into windows from the same system, and these
same pages load in normal times.  They also load fine from any other machine
on the network, so I am convinced it's a problem with this system's
configuration, but I have no idea where to start.  I don't understand why
most sites load fine, but a select handful won't.  I would appreciate it if
anybody could share any ideas about this.  I can provide any configuration
files or logs, if requested.

Thanks in advance,

Travis Troyer