Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 2013 13:28:39 -0300
From:      Michel Behr <michelbehr@gmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bill Paul's network drivers

Hi

I'm considering learning how to build drivers, so I can make my Lenovo S400
wireless card get detected by FreeBSD.

The Architecture Handbook cites these "Bill Paul's network drivers".

9.5 Network Drivers: Drivers for network devices do not use device nodes in
order to be accessed. Their selection is based on other decisions made
inside the kernel and instead of calling open(), use of a network device is
generally introduced by using the system call socket(2).

For more information see ifnet(9), the source of the loopback device, and
Bill Paul's network drivers.

Where can I find those Bill Paul's network drivers?

Cheers,

Michel.