Date:      Tue, 8 Apr 2008 18:34:01 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jisakiel <jisakiel@yahoo.es>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS deadlock

=C2=BFSo no chances of ZFS stable on FBSD7? I was actually considering debi=
an over freebsd on a dual AMD64, but if there are no settings that will mak=
e it stable... Nevertheless I'd be willing to help debugging ZFS on that ma=
chine (Dell T105) as soon as I receive it in a couple of weeks, as I'm in n=
o rush to getting it into production (just tell me what to do ;) ).  =0A=0A=
----- Mensaje original ----=0ADe: Spike Ilacqua <spike@indra.com>=0APara: E=
nder <ender@enderzone.com>=0ACC: freebsd-fs@freebsd.org; freebsd-stable@fre=
ebsd.org; Johan Str=C3=B6m <johan@headweb.com>=0AEnviado: martes, 8 de abri=
l, 2008 18:13:32=0AAsunto: Re: ZFS deadlock=0A=0A> Depending on  your work =
load you are just buying more time, so =0A> "reasonable" is a matter of per=
spective. :(  I didn't see if you said =0A> you are on 32bit or 64bit? Keep=
 in mind the kmem max is 1.5-2G on amd64 =0A> regardless of how much memory=
 you have. If 512M arcsize crashes too soon =0A> for your tastes you can al=
ways lower it down to 256M, or 128M, etc.=0A=0AI tried for several weeks to=
 get ZFS stable on a 64bit system with a =0A1.5G kernel.  The best uptime I=
 ever got was 72 hours, the worst was 2, =0Athe average about 24.  Interest=
ingly, most of the hangs were at off =0Ahours, when the system was lightly =
loaded, had lots of free memory, etc. =0A  That suggests to me a slow leak =
of some sort.=0A=0AAnyway, ZFS is not ready for production.  Some people ma=
y get lucky, but =0A  you can't count on it.=0A=0ASpike=0A_________________=