Date:      Tue, 17 May 2005 17:53:44 +0200
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <harry@schmalzbauer.de>
To:        freebsd-apache@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Massive 2.0.53 errors on 5.4-PRE

--nextPart2730859.obNVgsaYio

Am Montag, 4. April 2005 22:18 schrieb Emanuel Strobl:
> Am Montag, 4. April 2005 21:38 schrieb Clement Laforet:
>
> [...]
>
> > Thanks, I presume pf and altq are running on this machine.
> > How many request per second do you have?
>
> Well, the error gets logged every second without any request! But if
> you're interested in general load, this machine will stay quiet idle, at
> least regarding http reverse-proxy requests. I never checked, it belongs
> to a friend with a small company, I'd guess about 1k requests/_day_. And
> you're right, pf is running, but not at high load, only two 3MB/s lines
> are to feed, mainly with some reply-to rules.
>
> > > I'm absolutely no apache guru and like i said, this is a productive
> > > machine, so I don't know where to start finding out the meaning of
> > > the error.
> >
> > From source, httpd-2.0.53/server/mpm_common.c ;-)
>
> ;)
>
> > Does sysctl oid net.inet.ip.intr_queue_drops increase when these
> > warnings occur? if yes:
> > - increase net.inet.ip.intr_queue_maxlen to see if it solve the
> >   problem or limit the rate of error.
> > - does apache compiled  with WITH_KQUEUE_SUPPORT fix the problem?
> >
> > OTOH, it can come from you sslmutex configuration  which may prevent
> > apache to work correctly in a jail.
>
> Hmm, while trying to regenerate the problem to check the sysctl oid you
> mentioned (which I never noticed before, and alwas is 0 here) I can't
> reproduce the error after I altered the $/etc/apache2/ssl.conf (but I
> could see it before, so it was reproducable today!). I changed the
> errorlog from httpd-error to httpdssh-error (after I had reenabled the
> "LoadModule ssl_module" line inside the ifdefined in httpd.con) and the
> error logging stopped. After rediting ssl.conf (to httpd-error again
> instead of httpdssh-error) the error doesn't occur any more !?!

Hello, the error is still bugging me, very regularly every two weeks the=20
log is full and the proxy doesn't respond. Extremely annoying.
Right now, after a apachectl restart, it's logging one per second but=20
net.inet.ip.intr_queue_drops is 0. After I killed apache and restarted it=20
no errors occur, but I'm sure it'll start again in two weeks and fills the=
=20
errorlog until it doesn't work anymore.

I'll recompile apache with WITH_KQUEUE_SUPPORT and give some feedback. Has=
=20
anyone else had luck to observe this problem in the meantime?

Thanks,

=2DHarry