Date:      Tue, 31 May 2016 23:18:32 +0500
From:      "Eugene M. Zheganin" <emz@norma.perm.ru>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   HAST, zfs and local mirroring

Hi.

I wat to start using HAST, I have two nodes and a pair of disk on each
node. So I want to use HASt in an environment where each HAST resource
would be mirrored. What is the preferred approach if I want to use ZFS
on an end-device to avoid exsessive fscking, and, in the same time, I
want to have some redundancy on a block level ? I see two possibility:
HAST on a zvol of a mirrored pool, and a ZFS on a hast. But recently I
heard that nested zfs (like zfs on zvol) is clamed unsupported.
Futhermore, I have zfs on a geli on a zvol, and this solution proved
itself to be very affected to livelocking - when disk i/o on a such fs
is above some treshold, system is locking, and the only way out is to
reset it. Should I chose geom_mirror to provide a device for HAST and
the build ZFS on it ?

Thanks.

Eugene.