Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 2004 01:46:23 +0200
From:      Andreas Kohn <andreas@syndrom23.de>
To:        x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   X.Org and SiS  - drmSiSAgpInit unresolved

--=-vkndVDtHB3jOyOZMPAjf

Hi,

if I try X.Org (or some newer XFree86-4 snapshots) on my laptop with SiS
graphics, I get:

Required symbol drmSiSAgpInit from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/sis_drv.o is unresolved!

The reason seems to be that this function is explicitly not compiled for
FreeBSD because of an #ifndef __FreeBSD__ around it.

If I modify
xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bsd/drm/xf86drmCompat.c to
have a simple stub for this function which returns 1, I can use X again.
But of course I have no dri (glxinfo says so, glxgears shows only a
black window), and XV doesn't work either. I'm currently looking into
how to call the ioctl on FreeBSD.

Is this known already, or is it some sort of local problem? Perhaps this
could be added to the port as temporary solution.

Thank you,
Andreas

[Please CC: me, I'm not subscribed to freebsd-x11]

--=-vkndVDtHB3jOyOZMPAjf

--=-vkndVDtHB3jOyOZMPAjf--