Date:      19 Oct 2002 14:49:23 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Mozilla revisited [FINISHED]

I have finished updating the mozilla ports.  I have posted diffs at
http://www.marcuscom.com/mozilla/.  These diffs include:

* mozilla-vendor ports (currently for Mozilla 1.0.1)
* mozilla ports (currently for Mozilla 1.1)
* mozilla-devel ports (currently for 1.2b)

With some patches from trevor and cy, ideas from grog, a suggestion from
John Merryweather Cooper, and tons of other feedback from users, I have
come up with some ports that I think will make the majority of the user
community happy.  These ports offer (or should offer):

* Complete coexistence with each other
* A universal ${PREFIX}/lib/browser_plugins directory (with mtree
patches to follow)
* Auto-generated plists for ease of maintenance
* More accurate pkg-descr's
* A pkg-message pointing users to java/jdk13 for the Java plugin

Please test these ports.  Things to check are, of course, installation
and coexistence as well as confirming that plugins work when put into
${PREFIX}/lib/browser_plugins.  I want to commit these patches as soon
as possible, so please give me feedback as soon as you can.  Note for
Galeon users: Galeon still needs a minor update to use the new global
plugins directory.  That will be forthcoming.  Thanks.

Joe
--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	marcus@FreeBSD.org