Date:      Sun, 20 Jan 2002 05:49:57 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   NEWCARD todo list

Someone suggested that I post this here.

Here's my newcard todo list at the moment.  I'm currently working on
#2 with an eye towards #4 and #5.  Justin's subclassing stuff might
allow me to further refine things (but I need the code working for
both before I can factor it into one of his baseclass drivers).

Warner

 1) The same ISA/PCI interrupt routing I do in OLDCARD
 2) Separate out the PCIC code into a common file.
 3) Merge all supported devices from OLDCARD
 4) Create ISA and PCI attachments for PCIC only devices that aren't YENTA.
 5) (4) is likely done in dev/pcic, since what's there is almost right.
 6) 3.3V support for ISA devices
 7) Look into some interrupt routing issues wrt PCI bridges and the
    conflict between the standard swizzle and the $PIR tables.
 8) Use a function table rather than a bunch of ifs for 16-bit vs
    32-bit
 9) merge cardbus/pccard cis code
10) get rid of the need for a special rescan the bus on driver loaded hack.
11) Merge cardbus and pci busses
12) better interrupt routing
13) cleanup pci code to do the resource allocations rather than having
    that in the pccbb bridge.
14) fix the pci code to deal with ISA address ranges for I/O and
    memory that some (all?) bridges pass.
15) Deal with devices that route bogus interrupts to the cardbus
    bridge.  (PCI BIOS working, ACPI not).