Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 2000 11:21:03 +0200
From:      "Oleg Semyonov" <os@en.zp.ua>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   4.2-RELEASE: screen dies with mc

Hi!

I've upgraded 4.1-RELEASE to 4.2-RELEASE via make world.
All was fine, but now when I try to run mc (Midnight
Commander 4.5.51) under screen 3.9.8 (text mode multiscreen
manager) the latest dies with signal 6 or 11.

I've been using FreeBSD versions from 2.2.5 to 4.1,
but there was no problem like described until 4.2.

I tried to recompile screen and mc with ncurses or slang -
no change. Note: I'm using cons25/cons25r term. When
I set, for example, ansi or vt100 before starting the
screen, all is fine. Further, the cons25r-m (cons25-m)
terminal is also OK, and running mc -c (force color mode)
does not follow to crash. But I think it is not right.

What's the reason? What can I do with that?
Please, cc your reply to my email.

Thanks!
Oleg (os@en.zp.ua)