Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2001 00:25:34 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vfsload appearse broken after new changes

"Andrey A. Chernov" wrote:
> When I try to mount my dos partition I got now:
>
> msdosfs: vfsload(msdosfs): No such file or directory
>
> kldload msdosfs.ko
>
> fails too.
>
> When I preload it manually before mount using full path
> /boot/kernel/msdosfs.ko, it works.

The problem is that many of our kld's are missing module version
declarations.

Also, check that the kern.module_path sysctl has got a trailing / on
each component.    You can do a 'ktrace kldload msdosfs' and you should be
able to see the path searching for linker.hints and the .ko files
as NAMI calls.

Cheers,
-Peter