Date:      Fri, 22 Dec 2000 19:40:29 +0200
From:      Alexander Prohorenko <white@extra.dp.ua>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@aciri.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fd1720

On Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 08:52:52AM -0800, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> > Did anybody suceed with fd1720 flopies ?   I couldn't write any single
> > 1720K image there.
> you must fdformat /dev/fd0.1720 (check syntax) first, otherwise
> the write fails when it hits the first sector (sec.19 track 0) which
> is supposed to be there but is not
> Note that almost surely you won't be able to boot from that disk.

Luigi.

Thank you, your advise was very helpfull.  However, I supposed to boot
from it, but didn't get anyting except the FreeBSD BOOT loader.  That's
bad.  I miss about 30KB on a usual fd1440 diskette to run my PicoBSD
build on, that's why I'm digging into this format.

Can you suggest me something in this case?  Looks like FreeBSD BOOT
loader doesn't know anything about disk partitioning for such
"stressed" formats.

--
Alexander Prohorenko, Extra Solutions
http://extra.com.ua