Date:      Sat, 16 Dec 2000 17:38:31 -0500
From:      "John Bolster" <j.bol@gte.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How to move /var directories

Hi,

I set up my FBSD 4.1 box with a 20MB /var and 14GB /usr and now I've spent
ages configuring everything else- dns, ftpd, httpd, firewall, etc.  Now I
come to use it as a mail server for over 100 people, I've realized that /var
needed to be much bigger and I'll probably never have much use for all the
/usr space.

I've read that there is no Partition Magic type program for FBSD, so I
assume I'll have to move /var/mail and /var/ftp somewhere else where there
is more room.

Can anyone tell me if this is the best way to deal with this, if there is a
better idea, and (ideally) how to do it?

Thanks for your help,

John Bolster