Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 2008 15:38:41 +0200
From:      Olivier Houchard <mlfbsd@ci0.org>
To:        Andrew Thompson <thompsa@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: static function table in DDB

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 02:54:35PM -0700, Andrew Thompson wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I notice that DDB on Arm does not have the static functions in the symbol
> table (vs. i386 for instance). Is this something that I can enable? It
> makes stack traces difficult to use as it will print the function as the
> nearest global with a largish offset.

Hi,

The problem is probably, your bootloader doesn't load the kernel symbol table,
as it is not an ELF loadable section.
You can try to boot "kernel.tramp", instead of the regular "kernel". it is
a tiny ELF trampoline, which will handles the kernel relocation, and put
the symbol table somwhere where the kernel will find it.

Regards,

Olivier