Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:45:25 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Bogdan TARU <bgd@icomag.de>
To:        "Rogier R. Mulhuijzen" <drwilco@drwilco.net>, Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 'rm' incompatibility with Posix.2

	Dear Rogier & Terry,

 I didn't say the behaviour contradicts Posix.2. I just said that Posix.2
specifies removal of the trailing slashes when doing directory operation.
Which, for example, freebsd 'rm' does not, which leads to a strange
behaviour. As I stated, I have tryied this on more than one other OS
(OpenBSD 2.9, 3.0, Linux, HP UX 10.20, Solaris 2.7, 2.8), and all yelded
the same result (different from the FreeBSD).

 Also, I quote from the FreeBSD man page of 'rm':

"The rm utility removes symbolic links, not the files referenced by
the links."

 Greetings,
 bogdan