Date:      Sun, 28 Nov 2004 11:00:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      rain cip <raincip@yahoo.com>
To:        Joshua Lokken <joshua.lokken@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to boot FreeBSD from a slave IDE disk

Thanks, Joshua.  This appears to be the easiest way to add multiple OSs.  I installed gag and added another Linux OS parition in no time.  Great tool!

rain

Joshua Lokken <joshua.lokken@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 20:26:38 -0800 (PST), rain cip wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I hope I can get some help from this list to figure out how to boot FreeBSD from a slave drive. My PC has two disks. The sysinstall sees both: ad0 and ad3. My hardware configuration is such:
>
> ad0 -- primary IDE, master (all for Win2k)
> ad3 -- secondary IDE, slave (all for FreeBSD 5.3)
>

> I know I must have done something wrong. But what did I do wrong?

I'm not sure. I know that I use a tool called GAG to boot mutliple
OSes from assorted locations, and it has always worked very well for
me.

http://gag.sourceforge.net/

HTH,

--