Date:      Thu, 04 Mar 2004 21:33:21 +0100
From:      Daniel Ek <daniel@planen.nu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Regarding Sparc64 install

Dear list,

I recently got two SUN Fire V100 servers that I thought would make good
webservers.  I read some hardware compability on FreeBSD website, since
I've not set up Sparc before. The FreeBSD website stated that Sun Fire
V100 is supported. Guess I got a surprise when I booted the installer
and found that neither CDROM or NIC was actually found. Anyone got any
suggestions to that? I read some posts suggesting that it was because of
several drives or error in nic, but since my Sun Fire V100 got not extra
PCI nor got extra drives except CDROM and Harddrive I really didn't
think that would be the problem. When just for fun trying OpenBSD both
CDrom and Nic booted like a charm. Isn't OpenBSD and FreeBSD Sparc64
project very similar when including hardware or am I totally behind in
my beliefs about that?

Regards

Daniel Ek