Date:      Tue, 01 Aug 2000 08:38:56 -0600
From:      Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
To:        Holtor <holtor@yahoo.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail 8.11.0

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000 07:10:32 -0700 (PDT)  Holtor wrote:
 +------------------
 | Hi all - I have been waiting for the base sendmail in
 | freebsd, now 8.9.3 to be updated to the latest one
 | which is 8.11.0. Anyone have any appox. dates for
 | this?
 | If its still a distant project, how would we recommend
 | upgrading sendmail? That is downloading the source and
 | compiling, but FreeBSD has mailwrapper and all those
 | utilities which I think I would break? Any help would
 | be appreciated.
 |
 | Holt

I just download sendmail, compile it, install it, and start it up.
The existing /etc/rc.conf mechinism continues to work well.  I find
the whole mailwrapper thing bizarre in the extreem.  It is similar
to the whole /usr/local/etc/rc.d scheme where we are adding a
layer of indirection when there is no need for one.

chris

--
    Chris Fedde
    303 773 9134