Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2000 07:44:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Archibald Hive <root@e-u-a.net>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Disk/Tape Controller

Hello, I've tried everything that I could find on the freebsd site about
floppy tape's.  I guess this is my last ditch effort attempt to find out
if the conner model CTT800I-F QIC-80 (drive connects via fdd
connection) is in any way, shape or form accessible under fbsd.

I've tried adding in the following lines to the kernels config, but no
luckage with it:

controller	fdc0	at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio irq 6 drq 2 flags 0x1 vector fdintr
*and*
device		ft0	at fdc0 drive 2

at which time i get the response back during the configuration of the
kernel i recieve:

config: line 42: syntax error
config: line 43: fdc 0 not defined
config: line 44: fdc 0 not defined
config: line 45: fdc 0 not defined

Warning: device "ft" is unknown

at which time I then remodified the kernel to remove the quatations with
the same results.

figure, okay, no problem, just keep marching on right...

# make depend -- no problems
# make --------- appears to have no problems
# make install - does install just fine

# shutdown -r now

# cd /dev
# ./MAKEDEV ft0
 ft0 - no such device name

#

I'm wondering if there is a way to work around this, maybe using a scsi
fdd controller and build that into the kernel, do you think that would
work?

At wit's end, appreciate the time and help

root@e-u-a.net