Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 95 15:07:05 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw (Brian Tao)
Cc:        JOHN@gab.unt.edu, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: List management: DIGEST TIME?

> On Tue, 25 Apr 1995, John Booth wrote:
> >
> > Yes, please digest it!!!
>
>     Dumb question... how do you reply to an individual message inside
> a digest?  What's the advantage?

You use an exploder, or you cut and paste (or retype) the subject.

One advantage is reduced clutter.

Another advantage is reduced mail link build/tear down proportional
to the number of items in a digest.

A final advantage is that you can handle them in a bunch if you are
in a question-answering-mood without breaking up your flow of thought.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.