Date:      Mon, 8 Feb 1999 16:22:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        des@flood.ping.uio.no (Dag-Erling Smorgrav)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gpib driver - does anybody use it?

Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> I stumbled upon the (undocumented) gpib driver today - apparently for
> the "National Instruments AT-GPIB and AT-GPIB/TNT board", according to
> LINT. Apart from staticization sweeps, -Wall fixes and the like,
> nobody's touched it since 1995. Does anybody have an AT-GPIB board, or
> even know what it is? Does the driver actually work? Is there a good
> reason (or any reason at all) why we shouldn't just bobbit it?

Actually, John Galbraith <john@ece.arizona.edu> has written
a better driver for the National Instrument GPIB cards.  Search
the hardware mailing list for a URL to his latest driver.  It
is reported to be superior to the driver in src/sys.

--
Steve

finger kargl@troutmask.apl.washington.edu
http://troutmask.apl.washington.edu/~clesceri/kargl.html