Date:      Sat, 9 May 1998 21:07:26 +0100 (BST)
From:      Ben Cohen <bjc23@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
Subject:   watch: irregular behaviour

Hi!

Sometimes I use the watch program, e.g.

watch -W /dev/ttyv1
(from ttyv0)

I pressed ^Z to see whether watch or the program being watched is
suspended.  It turns out to be that watch is suspended.  However, when you
then type fg, the watch program no longer operates correctly.
(Try then running pine or vi.  Things don't seem to be working properly.)

Also ^X doesn't then work and ^C will quit watch, which I don't think is
normal.

I am running bash under FreeBSD 2.2.5, and it seems to happen whether or
not screen is run.

Is this a problem with my setup or 2.2.5?
(If it's a problem with 2.2.5, has this been fixed in 2.2.6 or -current?)

Thanks.

Ben.