Date:      Fri, 13 Jun 2008 22:27:16 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   Re: How do I install pphpBB2?  [WAS: Re: okay, it's time to ask....]

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 12:56:56AM -0400, Sahil Tandon wrote:
> Gary Kline <kline@thought.org> wrote:
>
> > 	After a long time, I've got phpbb configured into mysql.
> > 	I've downloaded phpBB2 and installed it.  My notes from
> > 	2003 fail here; it may be because my apache-2 isn't configured.
>
> What notes?  What fails and how?  Show error output and logs.
>
> > 	Cann anybody clue me in?
>
> Only if you provide background, a better description of the problem and the
> steps you've taken to troubleshoot it.  When seeking help on this list, you
> should follow this advice:

	I've read Greg's advice page; I did google for instructions OR
	tutorial on installling phpbb2 , freebsd

	and foundnothing helpful. Since I did create the mysql lines,
	my'03 notes suggested tha it was timeto point my browser at the
	BBS.  aristotle is a jail without X so I used lynx.

	The only thing I seemto remember is that in 2003, phpBB2 was
	installed withthe data directory, /usr/local/www/data/
	Now itis installed in theweb ``root'' irectory, /usr/local/www

	Below is what happened with lynx.

p4 22:05 <Jail:: aristotle> [2672] lynx http://localhost/phpBB2/
							    404 Not Found
			       Not Found

  The requested URL /phpBB2/ was not found on this server.

	gary

	PS: Last time I was using apache13.  I don't understand very much
	    about apache22.  But looks like I'd better get busy... .

--
  Gary Kline  kline@thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix