Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 2004 20:28:48 +0100
From:      "Markie" <mark.cullen@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Acer TravelMate 212TX Laptop, AGP error of sorts.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erich Dollansky" <oceanare@pacific.net.sg>
To: "Markie" <mark.cullen@dsl.pipex.com>
Cc: <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 12:39 PM

| Hi,

| > device
| > | >
| > | I have had a problem like this too on a normal PC. Just change the
AGP
| > | setting in the BIOS.
| >
| > There isn't actually an AGP setting in the BIOS on this laptop, it's
all
| > pretty basic!
| >
| I could change this in my BIOS and it worked afterward.
|
| Check your BIOS again. It was also hidden pretty good on my machine.
|
| Maybe, somebody else has some better idea.

Ok, well I forgot about verbose logging, boot -v or number... 5 at the menu
now? I can't boot the 5.2.1 boot cd, it panics with the resoure busy thing
or apparently freezes. With verbose logging on it doesn't actually
freeze... well it does... but it is something to do with acpi (and it
doesn't happen when acpi is disabled, but then it panics because of agp
which is my next question)

acpi_acad0: acline initialization start
acpi_acad0: On Line
acpi_acad0: acline initialization done, tried 1 times
acpi_cmbat0: battery initialization start
acpi_cmbat0: battery initialization done, tried 1 times

Then it just stops :) Scroll lock still works and I can scroll about and
stuff.

As for agp, well.... I just tried that patch I mentioned earlier on a
hacked up version of FreeSBIE I made (didn't work all that well) it worked
enough for me to tell that the patch fixed my panic though. I got some
other odd error about ATAPI_IDENTIFY... but I think this was a bug
introduced in -CURRENT recently? Can I make a 5.2.1-R install CD myself
with this patch somehow?

Thanks!!