Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 23:28:58 -0700
From:      "Charles Burns" <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com>
To:        andrew.cowan@hsd.com.au, mattmsykes@yahoo.co.uk, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Java support not in FreeBSD 4.5R after all?

> > the answer is yes, there is a native JDK 1.3.1 for FreeBSD.
> > I don't know what others may claim about stability, but I
> > have not found any shortcomings.
> >
> > --Matt
>
>Seems to run orion ok so it can't be too bad :)

I haven't used the JDK in FreeBSD yet, but I did see this note:
...in the release notes here:
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.5R/relnotes-i386.html

Not sure if this applies to the thread. Please ignore me if this has nothing
to do with the price of tea in China. :-) (I remembered a post about there
being no JDK in 4.5, so thought this might be useful)