Date:      Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:47:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      Shawn B <shawnblan@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Firewall questions

I have been looking for a great firewall, something
not too technical, since I have only been using
FreeBSD for two months now.

I have FreeBSD-4.8 installed, Apache-1.3, and
Netqmail-1.05. I am also planning on running an NTP
time server and possibly a forum in the future. The
web site is expected to become a well-recognized site,
so that complicates matters. More attention to the
site means more attacks.

Also, I am looking for antiviral protection for both
the FreeBSD server, and any Windows or Macintosh
systems that may be using the POP mail. I know qmail
has one solution, which was contributed by a qmail
user, but what are the alternatives?

Any suggestions as to what firewall would provide me
with the best protection, while not being overly too
complicated?

All help is greatly appreciated.