Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 09:29:52 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.3-STABLE mergemaster problems

--PuGuTyElPB9bOcsM

* Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it> [20010613 01:19]: writing on the =
subject 'Re: 4.3-STABLE mergemaster problems'
Salvo> > After running mergemaster -ai on a newly updated system, i went ba=
ck to run
Salvo> > mergemaster -rv
Salvo> > however it is unable to install files i tell it to.  Only saying
Salvo> > *** Problem installing ./dev/MAKEDEV, it will remain to merge by h=
and
Salvo> > It gives this error on every file.
Salvo> > Is there something wrong with mergemaster in 4.3?
Salvo>=20
Salvo>=20
Salvo>=20
Salvo>=20
Salvo>=20
Salvo> I am running (right now) a "4.3-STABLE FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE #0: Sun Ju=
n 10=20
Salvo> 17:50:16 CEST" system.=20
Salvo>=20
Salvo> I saw those errors while running a simple mergemaster -v -d. So I we=
nt=20
Salvo> diff'ing here and there to see what had just happened. AFAICT, nothi=
ng=20
Salvo> serious. The files had been correctly updated (despite the messages =
stating=20
Salvo> exactly the contrary).=20

Same to me here...

Salvo> You may wish to just run mergemaster once again **after** updating y=
our=20
Salvo> configuration files. N.B. in the first run, you will have to ignore =
the=20
Salvo> complaints about the impossibility of installing the various relevan=
t files.

On the second mergemaster the issues did not come up, funnily but not
being sure, I went into temproot/etc and did not find anything left there
that I did not tell mergemaster to leave ;)=20

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

A court is a place where what was confused before becomes more unsettled th=
an=20
ever.=20
-Henry Waldorf Francis=20

--PuGuTyElPB9bOcsM