Date:      Fri, 05 Oct 2001 11:17:13 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Use of the UNIX Trademark

OK.  I know your first reaction to this message may be to respond
harshly to Mrs. Nunn.  Please refrain from doing so.  Going off the
deep end may make it harder for core to resolve this matter with the
OpenGroup (assuming for the moment the letter is legit).  We are aware
of the situation and are taking steps to rectify the problem so that
we are not infringing on anybody else's legitimate intellectual
property.

The original letter should not have gone to this group, but please
people, show some common sense and restraint.

Warner
Speaking semi-officially for core@