Date:      Wed, 18 Mar 2009 15:30:00 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Peter" <fbsdq@peterk.org>
To:        "Pojken Purken" <pp@pp.dyndns.biz>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pf + altq + cbq(borrow) not borrowing from parent...

> Peter wrote:
>> iH,
>>    Can't figure this out - seems as if others are having the same issue
>> searching online:
>> The queues will not borrow from parent.
>>
>> pf.conf [cut and snipped]
>>
>> altq on fxp0 cbq bandwidth 100Mb qlimit 500 queue {intranet, extranet}
>>         queue extranet bandwidth 876Kb { poshta,abakan,usrx11,imvas }
>>                 queue poshta bandwidth 34% priority 7 cbq(borrow)
>>                 queue abakan bandwidth 22% priority 2 cbq(borrow)
>>                 queue usrx11 bandwidth 22% priority 1 cbq(borrow)
>>                 queue imvas  bandwidth 22% priority 1 cbq(borrow)
>>         queue intranet bandwidth 90Mb cbq(default)
>>

> You need to add "borrow" to your default queue. That's where the spare
> bandwidth is, not the root queue. As it is defined now, your child
> queues below extranet can only borrow bandwidth from each other. If you
> add borrow to your default queue, extranet can borrow from intranet and
> share that to its child queues.
> /Morgan

That's the thing - My uplink upload is maxed out at ~896Kb - even if I
send traffic faster, still physically limited by uplink - That is all the
bandwidth I want to allocate to my public IPs - I want the children to
borrow bandwidth from each other, and prioritize the traffic..  They are
not borrowing from each other - From my tests, the 'poshta' queue is never
going over 34%.

]Peter[