Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2012 08:39:02 +0700
From:      Erich Dollansky <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: machine freezes when using USB disk and X

Hi,

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 16:13:04 +0200
Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 July 2012 14:54:08 Erich Dollansky wrote:
> >
> > I have strange problem which I can reproduce.
> >
> > When I copy some 100GB to a disk via USB when X is not active, it
> > works without any problems.
> >
> > When I copy some 100GB to a disk via USB when X is running, the
> > machine freezes. It does not react to keyboard, mouse and network
> > actions.
> >
> > When I use only X on the same machine and do the same copy via
> > network, the machine behaves as expected.
> >
> > What could I do to locate the problem?
> >
> > Erich
> >
> > PS
> >
> > uname says:
> >
> > FreeBSD AMD620.ovitrap.com 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #38:
> > Sat Jul 21 06:58:49 WIT 2012
>
> You might want to check what interrupts are shared. Might be an IRQ
> problem.

it does not look like. As it was working before since 8.0 without
problems, I cannot imagine that this is the real problem even if they
would be shared.

I do not expect a solution for this. It is more or less a hint for
developers working in the affected areas that there might be something
wrong.

Erich