Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2000 19:18:29 +0200
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        Marc Tardif <intmktg@CAM.ORG>
Cc:        kris@freebsd.org, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh and rsa lib

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 12:29:16PM -0400, Marc Tardif wrote:
> I installed FreeBSD_4.1-RELEASE with base crypto and ssh returns:
> ** R_RandomInit: Unable to find an RSAREF shared library (librsaref.so).
> ** Install the /usr/ports/security/rsaref port or package and run this
> ** program again. See the OpenSSL chapter in the FreeBSD Handbook, located at
> ** http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/openssl.html, for more information.

Hello!

Maybe you should try it with the ports. It is in
/usr/ports/security/librsaintl, and at least the Hungarian mirror still has it
in pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles. BTW the Handbook says the package can be
found on ftp.internat.freebsd.org, which indeed has a directory named
pub/librsaintl with a C file in it. I do not know if this directory is
mirrored on any FreeBSD mirrors though. (And have never used the package)

As for the Handbook, I think we should re-word it anyway now that the RSA
algorithm has been released and the crypto stuff got merged into the base
distro. People with 4.1.1 or later will need to know this.

Kris, what is your opinion?

Also, on a side note, sysinstall, too needs some rewording, because it still
says on my -CURRENT system from today, under "Distributions" : "CRYPTO -
Not for export!" which, unless I am mistaken, is no longer the case...

If we can sort the Handbook part out, I can volunteer to submit a diff...

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM
Szeged University