Date:      Sat, 08 Jan 2000 20:25:57 -0800
From:      R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@nwlink.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   two cvsup problems

Problem #1:
I've used cvsup a number of times successfully to update  my sources as
well as the ports collection.  Last time I updated the ports I got a
bunch of weird files with a *,v extension.  I can't make any ports now.

Problem #2:
Since my last ports update when I run cvsup I get this error message:

Cannot get IP address of my own host -- is its hostname correct?

I don't have a static IP address, I use a dialup account.  Where does
the program go to look for my IP address?  Does it even need it?  If
not, what can I modify to keep it from looking for it?
Thanks in advance.

--
Best Regards, Joseph

	You will do foolish things,