Date:      Sat, 18 Sep 2004 22:23:26 +0800
From:      sam <sam.wun@authtec.net>
To:        Bruno Afonso <brunomiguel@dequim.ist.utl.pt>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pfctl ALTQ warning

Bruno Afonso wrote:

> Hey,
>
> whenever pfctl is issued I get this,
>
> No ALTQ support in kernel
> ALTQ related functions disabled
>
> Is there a way to disable it? I KNOW it's not in the kernel... this
> breaks scripts for retrieving "pfctl -si" data.
>
> BA

You should have the following ATLQ options defined in the kernel config
file to enable ALTQ control in the PF firewall:

options         ALTQ
options         ALTQ_CBQ        # Class Bases Queueing
options         ALTQ_RED        # Random Early Drop
options         ALTQ_RIO        # RED In/Out
options         ALTQ_HFSC       # Hierarchical Packet Scheduler
options         ALTQ_CDNR       # Traffic conditioner
options         ALTQ_PRIQ       # Prioirity Queueing

sam