Date:      Sat, 5 Jul 2003 15:21:57 +0200 (MEST)
From:      freebsd_deamon@gmx.net
To:        john.m.mills@alum.mit.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: RE: cvs co CVSROOT

Dear list
Dear Mr Mills

>There certainly are some files in CVSROOT that 'co' does not give you:
>those such as 'passwd' that are restricted to administrative use. You have
>to login to the server and edit those files manually.

I am not talking about password files or alike. I mean files mentioned in:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/cvs-freebsd/article.html
like "avail", "avail", "cfg.pm", "cfg_local.pm", "commit_prep.pl",
"commitcheck" and so on.
Have a look at the CVS web interface ... here these files are missing too:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/CVSROOT/
and
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/CVSROOT/freebsd/

>I don't know about 'modules' specifically. There is a full manual at
'cvshome' known >by its author's name: "the Cederqvist" ('-quist'?). Look in the
'Administrative
>Files' section.

I know about that manual ... and I have worked with CVS ... but the CVS
version used in the FreeBSD repository has some tweaks! I wanted to take
advantage of these.

 >John Mills
 >john.m.mills@alum.mit.edu

Zheyu Shen