Date:      Tue, 19 May 2009 08:52:53 -0700
From:      Frank Jahnke <jahnke@sonatabio.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with loading VirtualBox kernel module

I have a problem loading the VirtualBox kernel module.  From a fresh
port build, it loads fine, and the VM is stable.  I've tried that three
or four times.  Subsequent loading of the kernel module locks the
system, giving a page fault error (trap 12).  Only one time was I able
to load it; about a dozen times it froze.  It does not matter if I have
X11 loaded or not, or if ACPI is running (there are some quirks with the
BIOS).

The computer is a very old 32-bit dual CPU Athlon (so no VTx
extensions); this has happened for both the original virtualbox port and
for take2.  FreeBSD 7-STABLE, VBox and the kernel source were synced on
May 15.

Please let me know what additional information would be useful.

Frank