Date:      Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:14:45 -0500
From:      Bill Harris <harrisb@rcisd.org>
To:        ticso@cicely.de
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DC driver real slow on 5.4/alpha 4100

Bernd,

I have an identical AS4100 at home (my office heater) and had
put 5.4 on it last week.   It also shows to be using a dc driver, the
same DE500 card.

Well, I think I've screwed my home server up this morning.  It's
connected to a Linksys 10/100 switch, and it had been running
fine under 10baseT/half.

I decided to try and switch it to 100, through a telnet session (should
have not been a problem) and the card has locked up.   I tried to set
the card (now from the console) to auto-negiotiate, but nothing.  No
lights at all on the card.

I've unplugged switch, card, power down, rebooted, but my network
card is dead.  It still shows succesfully probed in the dmesg, showing
the mac address and all, but it's interface is DOWN and won't come back
online or show any LED's.

Having to leave for work after this fine piece of experimentation, I
unplugged
everything, turned power off on the server and left.

Any ideas how I might rescue/reset my card?  What are some options?

Bill