Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 1998 02:50:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brandon Lockhart <brandon@engulf.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Big problems.

FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT (From 5/30/98).  Make world performed on 5/30, kernel
re-made 5/31.  Rebooted 6/1.  I had an apparent power outage and when I
cam back to the console, I had many error's.  If anyone can tell me what
to do to prevent this problem in the future, I would appreciate it
greatly.

ldconfig will not load /usr/local/lib.  I don't know how to recall the
error, but it was in the ALIAS part of it.

ppp will not dial up at all.  I type "dial" and it just hangs there.  I
had to use /stand/ppp to get online to send this post.

Also, is there a way to find "cleared" files?  My shutdown -r now is still
not syncing disks, etc.  (Could someone please send me a working copy) (of
shutdown) or atleast how to do it manually without messing things up.

I haven't noticed any more problems yet, but primary zone files in my
/etc/named/ directory got tabs randomly placed into the file.

Thank's for any help.

		|   Brandon Lockhart   |
		           |   brandon@engulf.net   |