Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:43:23 +0900
From:      Rob <spamrefuse@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: gimp help files

Gary Aitken wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> After installing gimp, I discovered the help files
> for the running program were not present.  Tried to
> add them using
>   make WITH_HTML_HELP_BROWSER=yes install

This is about the BROWSER, I believe, not about installing
the help files.

> but they didn't show up.
> (I did a deinstall / clean but still no help)
> /usr/X11R6/share/gimp/help is never created.
> What am I missing?

This is about Gimp 2.0, isn't it?
I had same problem in the past and I got a reply that this
version of gimp not yet comes with the help pages.
As often the case, help and doc pages are lacking behind the
coding work. Maybe 2.1 will come with full documentation.

R.