Date:      Sat, 8 Oct 2005 13:03:03 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New website design!

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 08:24:13PM +0200, martinko wrote:
> Leonidas Tsampros wrote:
> >I would like to express my sincere congratulations, to everyone
> >involved in the process of creating the new web site!
> >
> >Congratulations!

Yes congrats looks cute.

> here's what i don't like most about the new site:
> - a way too small font sizes 8-o

Depends perhaps on your general browser / windowmanager settings.
And .. there is a button to use larger fonts.
Which as well can be done with the browser itself.
i.e. enlarge and shrink font in KDE's Konqueror.

> - if you try to switch to large text size you'll realize the page wasn't
> prepared for it -- the layout is partially broken and it doesn't look
> good anymore, imho. :(

1.
I discovered, that the "Text Size Normal/Large" choices in the
page header are not displayed at the start pages.

And in Konqueror selecting Large Font with it breaks the display
of the grey theme selection line which contains:
"Home, About, Get FreeBSD,.."

All items starting with About will be displayed not horizontally
but instead of this vertically, overwriting the page content below.
But only Konqueror has this problem.

KDE 3.4.0 on FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE with Konqueror version: 3.4.0

2.
I'm missing a direct link to the ports collection.
It's a bit hidden now.

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm - Powered by FreeBSD 5.4