Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 2002 08:41:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Mills <jmmills@telocity.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Brian Astill <bastill@sa.apana.org.au>, linuxsa@linuxsa.org.au
Subject:   Re: Webmaster Novice needs help

Hello  (G'Day?) -

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Brian Astill wrote:

> I am a new novice ignoramous as Webmaster.  I can construct/edit a page using
> Mozilla Composer and (to a limited extent) Bluefish.

After a few years doing an organization's web page, I am in the same spot.

> What I need is a simple reference sheet which tells me what the tags mean/are
> for and a simple HOW-TO make web pages (of various types).
> Can you guys recommend anything?

I have a well-thumbed copy of the O'Reilly HTML book - in principle it's
outdated, but I am working on simple pages and it's clear and well
organized. There may be some docs or links through the SGML organization,
since HTML is now defined in terms of SGML.

> The APC booklet on the Internet is out of print in Australia and SFAIK
> unobtainable.

 - John Mills