Date:      Fri, 09 Mar 2001 17:26:48 -0800
From:      Forrest <praxis@techpraxis.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Accidentally upgraded to 4.3-BETA; how do I fix problems

> The 4.3-BETA tag means "4-STABLE in code freeze, pending -RELEASE status".
>
> --
> Matt Emmerton

Thank you, Matthew for clearing up that little point.
If someone could please tell me why inetd is loading at startup even though
/etc/rc.conf says clearly, inetd = NO
And what reasons could make it so  I have console permissions to start x, as
per my original question?

--Thanks
Forrest Hawes

--- Original message post to freebsd-questions