Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 11:42:57 +0530 (IST)
From:      Madhavi Suram <madhavis@sasken.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   getting hardware address

Hi All

Is there any function in 'C' to get ethernet hardware address from IP
address (not only for interfaces on the same machine... For any IP
address), equivalent to 'arp' command on FreeBSD? If there isn't any such
function, can you suggest me any other way of achieving this?

NOTE: I am not sure to which mailing list this has to be posted. So, I am
posting it to both.  Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please CC the
reply to my e-mail id also?  I am not registered to freebsd-questions.

Thanks in advance

Madhavi.